New Grant - Edson Alcala

Name of Applicant: Edson Alcala
Contact Address :
Wallet Address : 0xaC72F2A552c6055cb94FC18b947DB672218e1d4f

Grant for Education

Brief Description
We have written our proposal here: Educational UMA Grant: Decentralized Data Feeds using UMA - Google Docs

Detailed description

An educational article to be included in the official UMA documentation that explains how to build decentralized data feeds using UMA.

What would UMA lose out on if it did not fund this grant

A great piece of educational material that can help developers to build more complex use cases with UMA

How many UMA tokens are you requesting for this project?

What percentage of the grant would you retain to secure the Optimistic Oracle by voting

How would you spend the remainder of the grant?

I would use it to vote

How many months would this grant cover?

Additional Information

LFG

1 Like

Hi Edson. Thanks for your grant application as I think the completion would add value to the UMA ecosystem. One thing I’m unclear on…

You would retain and put 100 out of 10000 UMA towards voting and securing the OO. What would the other 9900 UMA be put towards? How would it break down and help you complete this project?

The below is a revision to the original post for the question “How many UMA tokens are you requesting for this project?”.

Instead of 10,000, the value this grant is asking for is 5,882.35 UMA ($10,000 / $1.70 UMA price)

@inalittlewhile Hi, about the 100, I was referring to 100%.

1 Like

Ok I see now. I was thrown off because I thought part of the grant would be compensation for your time and efforts as well as any costs accrued.

1 Like

My general thoughts are that this could be a helpful support for developers wishing to build decentralised data feeds, however

• although I appreciate you have included an attachment with further information, the details in the application are very thin.

• in particular there are few details about how this would be delivered or the benefits to developers.

• A request for 5882.35 is over the maximum grant award (UMA price is currently $1.71) and seems very high for an educational article, however its difficult to tell the exact deliverables.

• In the attachment there is reference to support required incl. community review and sample source code, however no budget seems to be allocated to these areas.

• Its difficult to tell if the loss to UMA would be significant if this proposal was not funded, I can potentially see this being a popular approach, but its difficult to quantify and I’m not sure that an educational article alone would encourage developers to build decentralised data feed products, or products built on these feeds.

Which makes this application difficult to evaluate under the grants awarding criteria