Name of Applicant: Deniz Omer, Alphabox Solutions
Contact Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Wallet Address : 0x48e239Fa0B364Cd92Fc750A50045c9f9E04DD781
Grant for Education
We’d like to build a UMA community dashboard on Alphaday that aggregates UMA news, on-chain data, social media, dev resources and much more into one customizable UI.
Having all this information in one place allows UMA stakeholders (ie. users, developers, investors) to easily stay up to date on UMA ecosystem updates, see the latest news and developments, do research and stay engaged. In general users who can track their favourite projects more easily stay more engaged with the project which in turn supports user retention.
We would like to create a UMA ecosystem dashboard that aggregates the following information into a single community dashboard:
- The latest UMA official announcements and blog post content.
- A feed of all news mentions of UMA from coindesk, cointelegraph and 20+ other news sources aggregated from across the internet.
- A calendar containing all UMA events including UMA Governance Votes (Voter dApp), meetups, hackathons with UMA bounties, AMAs.
- Podcast feed containing the latest appearances and interviews given by UMA team members.
- Youtube stream containing educational UMA content.
- UMA Docs directory.
- Integration with UMA Governance Forum to show the latest and trending discussion topics (discourse.umaproject.org).
- Twitter, Discord & Telegram Integration to show a feed of latest discussions
- FAQ, Technical Paper, UMA tokenomics information.
- UMA Careers integration to show the latest open jobs listed on UMA.
- UMAverse ecosystem exploration widget, containing links and descriptions.
- Sorted UMA TVL list, pulled in from ‘projects’, and any other metrics available from third-parties.
What would UMA lose out on if it did not fund this grant
Market research we conducted in 2021 concluded that crypto users are overwhelmed with information and spend a lot of time jumping from one news source to another, from one social site to another, and usually have dozens of tabs open to stay up to date with everything happening in a community.
Having all our dashboard’s information in one place allows UMA stakeholders (ie. users, developers, investors) to easily stay up to date on UMA ecosystem updates, see the latest news and developments, do research and stay engaged. In general users who can track their favourite projects more easily stay more engaged with the project which in turn supports user retention.
How many UMA tokens are you requesting for this project?
What percentage of the grant would you retain to secure the Optimistic Oracle by voting
How would you spend the remainder of the grant?
1,200 USDC upfront costs for development including integrating the discussion forums, blog post, social feed, jobs listing, TVL and other on-chain metrics. 100 USDC per month for 12 months for maintenance including having an Alphaday content analyst quality-checking the dashboard every day and ensuring the Calendar widget is up-to-date with latest UMA events, all news mentions across the internet are captured by the dashboard, any updates not automatically captured by the Alphaday aggregator engine is manually added to the board, and other maintenance tasks. Total Budget: 2,400 USD
How many months would this grant cover?
Our team members have a proven track record of working in successful and growing Ethereum projects as well as extensive experience in the conventional finance world. We’ve also launched our beta product on time during the summer and have been consistently hitting our growth KPIs including growing 40% MoM in terms of MAU.