We propose an incentive program for driving DAO oSnap integrations. oSnap is a powerful tool to autonomously execute outcomes of Snapshot votes using UMA’s optimistic oracle. This proposal aims to structure an incentive program for the rollup, and others, to meet specific integration criteria for successful and efficient integrations of oSnap. Upon meeting these criteria, UMA’s own oSnap module would pay out the agreed-upon incentives.
Our strong relationships from years of communication and content partnerships in the space have created a pool of untapped oSnap integrations. The rollup could help scale the oSnap sales process by providing integration support and education for DAOs. Our team has taken the time to understand oSnap and UMA through conversations with the community and internal team. The result of this discussion is a mutually beneficial incentive design for meaningful oSnap integrations to the benefit of the UMA community and integration teams.
- Number of Transactions: The oSnap module should process a minimum of 1 transaction within the first 30 days of integration. This criterion ensures that the oSnap integration is functional and actively used by the community.
- TVL: Total value held in the Safe of the oSnap owner. DAOs who integrate should have over $100,000 in total value secured by the owner who deploys the oSnap module for the integration to be eligible for incentives. Total value in safes secured by oSnap is a key metric for tracking adoption of UMA’s OO.
- Community Engagement: The integration team should actively engage with the UMA community, providing regular updates on the integration progress, addressing questions, and gathering feedback. This criterion ensures that the integration process is transparent and collaborative.
Upon meeting the above integration criteria, the DAO will pay out the incentives to the team as follows:
- 500UMA for integrations which meet the Number of Transactions criteria. If the newly integrated oSnap module makes a transaction within 30 days then the OO should resolve this criterion as Met. If no transaction is made within 30 days of oSnap integration, then this should resolve to Not Met. Requests within 30 days are too early unless a transaction has been made.
- 1000UMA for each $100,000 in TVL held by the Safe of the oSnap owner. The OO should take TVL of the safe owner who integrates oSnap, divide by $100,000, then multiply by 1000UMA to arrive at the amount of TVL incentive for integration.
- 500UMA for Community Engagement. This should resolve as Met if the rollup provides an integration report to the UMA community detailing the result of the integration. The report should include feedback on the purpose of the DAO’s integration, how and why they plan to use feedback, and any technical feedback on the oSnap integration.
As part of the proposal, the incentivization process would include an oSnap module responsible for processing transactions for successful integrations. This means integration support teams, such as the rollup, would assert that an oSnap integration met integration criteria. The UMA community would have a chance to dispute whether or not the integration did meet certain criteria. If so, the oSnap module would process the incentive claim.
We believe that this incentive program will motivate the rollup to lead high-quality oSnap integrations, benefiting the UMA ecosystem and its users. We kindly request the UMA DAO community to provide feedback on this proposal.